Friday, April 14, 2006

Thank you for smoking

It was smart, funny, sarcastic and very well executed. Cinematography was magnificent and dialogues (and also monologues!), although full of statistics, but not a bit boring (credit for this one, obviously goes to Christopher Buckley).

Despite all of that, I still couldn’t convince myself to put the movie in my favorite movie list and I don’t know why. All I know is, there was something missing in that film.

Anyway, it was a pleasant experience. “Circle of dead merchants” with all those witty dialogues is hilarious and the scene [don’t read this line if you haven’t seen the movie yet] in which the kidnapers put the naked body of Nick Naylor, covered with nicotine patches, on Abraham Lincoln’s statue in a way that cleverly resembles Michelangelo’s “The Pieta”, is one of the most satirical and intelligent scene that I’ve ever seen. Way to go!

No comments: