Sunday, April 09, 2006

The life of a bullet

I watched “lord of war” on DVD last night and I have to admit that my intellectual sense! was way off when it had suggested the movie must be a typical senseless Hollywood action, first time I’d seen the trailer.

It was SMART, it was entertaining, it was marvelously-executed, and most of all, it had a POINT and if the storyline wasn’t so predictable, with so much Hollywood cliché, it could have been even a masterpiece!
Anyway, I think “Lord of War” was the most thoughtful way to inform the public about what’s going on in the filthy world of arms trade without forcing them to watch a dead-boring documentary!

I just can’t stop admiring the opening scene, a bullet’s amazing trip, from the factory to a young African’s brain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't matter what Hollywood or any other form of media comes up with. No matter how truthful they are, or what the theme is, it doesn’t matter! They do not change anything!
Bowling for Columbine, Supersize me, Control Room, Paradise Now… Constant Gardener, Hotel Rwanda, Syriana, etc… etc… the list goes on and on… and so what?
All have insignificant outcomes.
P.S Hope I am wrong.

Anonymous said...

yea the oppening scen really stuck with me to. i loved it. It was actually one of the the few newer movies that i enjoyed.
Naz-

Anonymous said...

I have a very similar idea about the movie and the opening scene.

-The Sexiest man alive (according to his girlfriend)