Sunday, April 09, 2006

Aux Plaisirs de Bacchus


Bacchus was the Roman God of wine, somehow equated with the Greek God Dionysus but that’s not what I wanted to write about. “Aux Plaisirs de Bacchus” is a super charming store in Bernard street, (Which is one of my favorite streets in Montreal and I think you’ve got it by now), specialized in wine accessories and more! From Books to wall-mounted old-fashioned bottle-opener, from Czech crystals to Absinth fountains, you can find anything Winy! there. I even found a fabulous Aroma-box (Anybody who has seen the movie “French Kiss” knows exactly what I’m talking about), that despite my will, I’m not going to spend 600$ for it.
And finally, in this glorious place, I’ve found stemware racks I’d searched everywhere for and hopefully, I should finish making my bar by tonight. I will write about my cute little bar, as soon as it’s ready.
So I drink my glass of port to Bacchus. Not the God, the Store!

No comments: