Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The loneliest man in the world

Germany lost…at least Italy deserved to win and it lessens the pain….

I was in Brussels, with Ali, Leili and Marjan…Ali and Leili both die hard Italian fans and Marjan, not a real fan but enough anti-German to cheer for Italy, we were in an Italian bar with at least 100 Italians and I'd never felt lonelier in my entire life!

I have to say though, just watching those Italians, swearing and waving their hands was a huge stress reliever to be honest and watching Ali who was accompanying them with the hand gesture and some seemingly Italian phrases that in fact were nothing but noises, so typical of him of course, were quite entertaining!

And after the game, I had no idea that you could find so many Italians in Brussels. They were everywhere, blocking almost every streets in downtown Brussels, dancing and cheering till morning. I felt like I was in Rome and what a bad time for a German fan to be there!

I’m happy that I had so much fun before and after the game that I could handle it rather easily. Although it’s the world game but it’s still just a game and it simply can not ruin my so far wonderful trip!

For now and since I’m in Paris, vive la France and Allez les Bleus!!!

2 comments:

Shadan said...

I'm sure you could wait four more years ;-)

vive les bleue... allez ZIZOU!!!

Anonymous said...

What a night ! you forgot to talk about the 45 degree bar with smoking rate of 13 cigarettesper minute!